ABOUT LA RUTA PDX
La Ruta PDX: A Gastronomic Festival is an industry and trade focused event series celebrating the culinary culture of Spain in one of the most innovative cities in the United States, Portland Oregon from the 13th to the 16th of July 2017.
Chefs from Spain will join forces with chefs from Portland in a series of collaboration dinners. Events throughout the festival will showcase Spanish products, purveyors, and specialty equipment to encourage collaboration and mutual enrichment between the two gastronomic cultures in this premiere edition of La Ruta PDX.
La Ruta PDX: A Gastronomic Festival is the first edition of an annual Spanish food festival in Portland, Oregon bringing together chefs from both Spain and United States; industry professionals; suppliers; purveyors of Spanish products; and local and national specialized press.
Our mission is to:
- Bring Spanish cuisine to Portland and the West Coast of the United States to encourage collaboration and mutual enrichment between the two gastronomic cultures.
- Offer the American public the opportunity to taste and enjoy creations from some of the best chefs Spain has to offer, bring in new Spanish products to the United States, and cultivate awareness and appreciation of existing ones.
- To educate and promote business trade between the U.S. and Spain with industry professionals while cultivating the taste for Spanish cuisine in the United States.
- Build on Portland’s reputation outside of the U.S. as one of the most important cities of the North American gastronomic scene.
- Foster the growing interest in Spanish food and culture Toro Bravo Inc and many other Portland restaurants have built.
- Offer traveling chefs from Spain culinary experiences in Portland they can take back to industry professionals and press in Spain to connect with the American gastronomic world, opening the possibility of future collaborations.
- To promote education and culinary careers through our beneficiary, The Portland Kitchen.